Thursday 9 October 2008

Tuesday's session

On Tuesday I had Creative approaches to Fashion. I was asked to bring in ten photocopies and use them to make shapes and garments whilst using model templates. I really enjoyed the task and look at my photocopies and cut out dominate shapes from it. Some began to use more illustrative techniques like tearing a whole image up and this began to disguise what the image was in the first place. I spoke to Ian and he said I was doing the correct process. The day enabled me to think about garment shape and how it would fit the body. It was a really helpful exercise. Today I have continued with the Idea of using photocopies to form garment shapes, although I have changed the photocopy I was using to create a mixture of outcomes, this will hopefully help me with my research and ideas.

No comments: