Sunday 19 October 2008

Week commencing 13th October.

The last week has been really busy and fun. On Monday I was given two more readings to look into as a possibility for our presentations. I have read through all of the 3 and made notes on each one, this will hopefully enable me to decide which is the best option for my presentation. Tuesday's session was again really exciting, using past weeks work and our theme and research artist we used a range of material to create garments. Firstly we used doll's to work on small scale then in the afternoon used paper to create life size garments using the mannequins. This day was very exciting and made me understand a lot more the type of the things that were expected from the creative approaches to fashion module. Wednesday was my first drawing group session. I really really enjoyed this and feel already my skills in drawing have improved. I loved the fast paced drawing and feel these were my most successful pieces. I can't wait for next weeks session! On Thursday I began developing photos of work from Tuesdays session and this will hopefully give me new design development ideas and ways of introducing my theme into the garment even more. I am continuing looking at possible garments I would like to make for the creative approaches to fashion module. On Friday it was my last workshop session, which was on darts. I was aware of darts although not a hundred percent sure of exactly how they work. Friday was a great learning process and I now feel I could put darts in garments I make in a confident way. I was also told about fullness and flare which was very interesting as I had no idea about the ways in which to make a garment like this in a successful way. This weekend I have continued with work from both creative approaches to fashion and creative design realisation. I have been building up my files and research in both areas. Overall another great week.

No comments: